Friday, October 14, 2016

I don't always get sick, but when I do.......

Guess who has pneumonia.

That's right. THIS GIRL.

And it's kicked my ass, considering my bronchitis-like cough began in August and hasn't let up since.

(Related: I think I have abs again beneath my kegger.)

Being sick for the last few months has completely wiped me out. It escalated over the weekend to full-blown pneumonia, so my doctor took me off work this week, which has been a real blessing.

For starters, I've been completely stress-free in that my colleagues are having to deal with my workload instead. And, for once, I don't feel guilty about it at all. (I needed this rest, yo.)

And, secondly, since I've been home alone during the day, I've finally found the time to clean up the laundry room -- a task that I've been asking my husband to do for months. MONTHS.

Yes, even with pneumonia, this woman was able to accomplish something in 1.5 hours that an ordinary man couldn't accomplish all year.

Ahem. Draw from that what you will.

Ba-Dum-Trump.






No comments:

Post a Comment