Monday, January 18, 2016

Small victories

My son, once again, spent the night in the ER last night.

My poor little man has had a rough go of it in his first 19 months, which, of course, has also taken a toll on our household.

And so I'm home from work today, trying to care for my boy while also attempting to catch up on some sleep.

It's no secret that I'm a stress-eater, regularly turning to comfort foods when I'm feeling overwhelmed, and I admit that I was THIS CLOSE to hitting the McDonald's drive-thru for a breakfast meal this morning.

But I've sworn off of fast-food for at least this first month of the new year, and so I stopped myself. I realized I wasn't even hungry and was instead turning to food because, well, that's what I always do.

And so this time I didn't indulge.

While this may sound ridiculous, for me this was the first small victory I've experienced in a while.

Here's hoping I can ride this momentum through to the next challenge that life will undoubtedly toss my way.




3 comments:

  1. Jo I am so sorry to hear about your little man! It's very stressful and I am proud of you for sticking to your goal. It is so incredibly hard and recognizing the why's makes dealing with them just a bit easier.

    You are a great person to be able to get these hurdles thrown at you and you always come out stronger. At the time you may not feel it but when you look back you will realize how strong you are for your family.

    Having these small victories is rewarding and will help you to keep going! You need to look out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome NSV - it does not sound ridiculous. Sorry to hear about little Wy ending up in the ER again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies, for your very kind and encouraging words! (I definitely need all the support I can get!)

    ReplyDelete