Friday, June 19, 2015

On the bright side, I am not addicted to cocaine.

You know you have a food addiction when you're stealing other people's chips and devouring them at 10:30 in the morning.


It's true that I'm a stress-eater. In the six months since my mom died, I've gained an obscene amount of weight.

To say that I feel disgusting is an understatement. And yet it's felt near-impossible for me to change my habits in the last year.

The programs that used to work for me just aren't anymore. Not because they're flawed, but because I am.


Even when I prepare a healthy meal, I still overeat. So I've decided to take the Fresh Fit Foods 21 Day Challenge, in which all my meals and snacks for 21 days are prepared and perfectly portioned just for me.

I've just completed my third day, and so far I'm down 5.6 lbs., which I can easily gain back in one big meal. But, for now, I'm pleased.

The real test will be once I've completed the 21 days. Will I be able to replicate these fresh and healthy meals and portion sizes so that I can live a healthier life?

That will be the ultimate challenge, and it will hopefully lead to a new addiction.


2 comments:

  1. It's true - my WW meeting leader has an addiction to her Fitbit, and I am developing one. Last night, after dinner, I went for a short walk just to reach my 10,000 steps a day.

    I know you can do this, even past the 21 days of this program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging words! By the way, you looked FABULOUS last time I saw you. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete