Friday, February 6, 2015

Reading out loud


I knew I wasn't the only person who did this.

While doing some online research for a couple of home renovation articles I'm working on, I stumbled upon this handy tidbit about how to spice up the ordinary laundry room and laundry-doing experience:


"Hearing Things? Hope So: Bring your radio into the room and tune to your favorite station. Make sure you have a long, functioning antenna if your laundry room is in the basement. Wait a minute... are we in the 90s? Get a nice sound system and hook up your iPod or Pandora to listen to the best laundry-doing music to keep you going strong. Also, although it may seem a little old school, look into books on tape! You have to do laundry. It's just inevitable. Use the time it takes to accomplish this household chore to your advantage and listen to that book you've always wanted to read but never had time to."



You see! I'm not the only person who swears by listening to books on tape.

Who has time to just sit and read a book, anyway?  This way, you can finish a novel while doing laundry.... or on the treadmill.... or making dinner..... or washing dishes..... or laying in bed..... or driving..... or......

This is multitasking at it's finest. And I feel vindicated in knowing that books on tape are trendier than they sound.

(If the internet says so, then it must be true.)


1 comment:

  1. My friend Peggy is all about the Audio Books. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete