Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Old souls

Back in late 2013, a Canadian family posted a YouTube video of their 10-month-old baby online, crying as her mother sang her an emotional song. It's so beautiful and touching to see such a little person tune into the emotion of a song, obviously without even knowing the meaning of the words.


This video has had nearly 16 million views, and the family even appeared on The Ellen Degeneres Show.


Last night, my 8-month-old son did the same thing when my husband attempted to give an emotional reading of the children's book Little Baa.


In the story, Little Baa becomes separated from his mother, who searches everywhere for him. Early in the reading, my boy's eyes reddened and his lips started turning to a frown.

Then, all of a sudden, my little man violently burst into tears and was inconsolable.

Several hours later, my husband again attempted reading him this book. But he barely made it past the first page this time before my son again burst into tears.

My poor little man. Sweet and overly sensitive, just like his mama.

Maybe one day he, too, will be expressing his feelings in the form of a blog. Or an emotional song or book.


No comments:

Post a Comment