Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Forward



What I'm looking forward to at this very moment:

Setting down my son for his nap.
Taking a shower.
Putting on some slippers because I have no circulation and it's darn cold in here.
Sauteing some garden-fresh tomatoes with a garlic clove for lunch.
Drinking the rest of my smoothie, not because I like it, but because it's good for me.
Finishing the Excel spreadsheet I started that depicts the state of our finances, including what's left on our mortgage. Because I'm a little OCD like that.
Watching the gloominess of the sky open up so that I can see a blue, clear, sky once again.
Seeing my daughter's happy face as she runs toward me when I pick her up from daycare.
Having my husband arrive home late tonight after his 12-hour work day.



What I'm looking forward to this month:

Finishing my Christmas shopping, because I loathe leaving it to the last minute.
Taking down the Halloween decorations and setting up the Christmas lights before it snows.
Buying a new daytimer for the upcoming year.
Finally organizing our office so that it's presentable and functional once more, because, frankly, I can't stand to even walk past that room in its current state.
Finally organizing our laundry room, because, see above.



What I'm looking forward to for 2015:

Writing in my daytimer.
Being at a healthier weight than I'm at now.
Maybe talking my husband into getting some sort of pool that we can enjoy as a family.
Having a healthy family once again. (I'm talking to you, Mom.)
Writing more. And Reading more.
Hopefully going on vacation to some place warm.
Camping, even if it's just in the back yard.
Attending not one, but two, destination weddings.
Lilac blossoms.
Having my son use his passport for the first of what will hopefully be many times.
Wearing shorts and skirts and sandals and not having to remember to bring a jacket every time I leave the house.
Moving more.
Helping my daughter overcome her fear of all things wild. Including spiders.
Eating less fast food.
Selling more baby clothes on Kijiji and at consignment stores. Even though it breaks my heart to part with them.
Cooking more meals as a family. And actually having my daughter eat what I cook without having to wage WWIII every night.
Loving more.
Yelling less. Better yet, not yelling at all.
Laughing more, even if it's at my own expense. I need to take a lesson from my husband and stop taking myself so seriously.
Living more.



No comments:

Post a Comment