Sunday, February 23, 2014

Dreaming of Sunshine

Late last night I received a confirmation email from Carnival Cruise Lines, which included some important information regarding my sailing for today aboard the Carnival Sunshine ship, leaving out of New Orleans.

Except, you know, I'm not really booked to depart on any cruise ship vacations today (or any time in the near future, for that matter.) Doh.

Shortly after receiving this initial email, Carnival sent along a retraction message, stating that I had received the message in error and that I'm not, in fact, scheduled to depart today. Damn it!!

Intrigued, I decided to check out the itinerary for today's sailing:

Feb 23 - New Orleans
Feb 26 - Jamaica
Feb 27 - Cayman Islands
Feb 28 - Mexico
Mar 2 - New Orleans

For the low, low price of $399, I could be relaxing in an Interior state room aboard this luxury ship for an entire week.

Sigh. I've already visited all the above locales before, but there's always more to see...... and for $399?? Yes, please, I will happily vacate this frozen tundra for a warmer clime.

It's interesting, the Sunshine was actually the first Carnival ship I ever sailed on -- although back then it was known as the Destiny, and it's main port was in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

It's recently received an extended makeover and has been renamed the Sunshine, sailing primarily out of New Orleans and Port Canaveral (Orlando).

And, judging by some of CCL's photos, it's makeover was a huge success.


 
The Seaside Theatre, best for viewing late at night under the stars.
 
 
The Twister slide.
 
 
The adults-only area, Serenity.
 
 
The outdoor sports complex.
 
 
The colourful indoor Atrium.
 
 
In case you're wondering, no, I'm not on Carnival's PR payroll.... but, frankly, I probably should be, as I would gladly take their money.
 
But the reality is simply that I just wish I could be on vacation somewhere warm right now. The Christmas season is long over, and the Sochi Winter Olympics have just aired their Closing Ceremonies, so I officially have no more use for winter.
 
But given that I'm too pregnant to board any ships these days, I'm going to have to live vicariously through whoever that initial email was intended.
 
Lucky buggers.
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment