Thursday, August 12, 2010

Secret admirers

Regular visitors to this city's  West Edmonton Mall will notice that the giant whale, which has been a staple here for several decades, is missing.

In its place today was a line up of mostly young women and their companions, waiting to be allowed entrance into the mall's newest vendor: Victoria's Secret.

Billed as the first* location to house a Victoria's Secret outside of the United States, West Edmonton Mall appears to be a perfect fit (pun intended) for this franchise.

And I, for one, couldn't be happier.

(* That's right, we beat out Toronto for this prestigious bragging right. We's classy, y'all!)



Gone are the days of only being able to purchase Victoria's Secret products while on a stateside vacation. And gone are the days of paying hefty shipping fees for my online purchases during times when I just couldn't wait to own yet another cleavage-enhancing bra.

Now I have the luxury of taking the 5-minute drive down the road and shopping in person for as long and as often as my budget allows.



2 comments:

  1. Now I just have to get back into shape so that I can properly fit their apparel again....!

    ReplyDelete