Saturday, July 3, 2010

Belated MLB predictions

I realize this post is three months overdue, but I made a prediction as to who will be this year's World Series Champion in baseball, and I'm only now getting around to blogging about it.

My pick for this year is -- wait for it -- the Boston Red Sox.

Now before you start calling me crazy and demanding to know from where I'm getting my information, allow me to make something clear: This prediction is based on neither science nor statistics, but, rather, on a hunch that I had earlier this year.

That's right. I said it. A hunch.

I have a little bit of a history when it comes to these hunches, dating back to October 2004 while I was in Ft. Drum, New York.

It was the middle of the Yankees/Red Sox series, and Boston was down by three games with NY looking to be a sure bet to advance.  
 
My then-beau and I were arguing about something, and since he was rooting for the Yankees in that series, I had to be spiteful and say something to the effect of, "Well, the Yankees are going to choke, you know, and Boston's going to go on to win the World Series."
 
He looked at me with that "you're just a naive little Canadian girl -- what do you know about baseball" look.

But instead of saying that to my face, what he actually said was: "If Boston wins the World Series.... then I'll marry you."
 
Ahem. The fool.

Don't you men know that you can't just throw out statements like that and not expect them to come back to haunt you for life??? I guess that learned him, as he is now Mr. Wildrose Jo.
 
So anyway, yeah, I wrinkled my nose a la Samantha on Bewitched and the Red Sox curse was broken.... after they made the biggest comeback in postseason MLB history. I'm awesome.
 
To top that off, I also predicted last season's NY Yankees win, long before they had advanced to the World Series itself.

So mark my words: Red Sox, 2010 World Series Champions.

Just remember that you heard it here first, folks.*

*Unless, of course, you put some money down on them to win, but then they actually tank it ...In which case I'm not to be held accountable for anyone's misfortunes. That's right. Not accountable!


No comments:

Post a Comment