Sunday, February 21, 2010

They had me at coconut rice

You may remember last summer when I gushed on here about how much I love everything to do with the Gamelan Grill  -- but, sadly, the restaurant closed its doors shortly after I submitted that post.

Oy, it's like I put a hex on them or something!

Since then, I've been desperately hunting for another restaurant that serves quality coconut rice, and I've had some luck with both the Rice Bowl Express and Tropika Malaysian & Thai Cuisine.

And, as of last night, I now have one more go-to place in which to attain my rice fix.

Some friends of ours (Hi Andrew & Stef!) invited us to dinner weeks ago, and we were finally able to join them for Thai food at the King and I restaurant last evening. It's pricier than most of the places where we would normally frequent, but we still had a great time for our once-in-a-blue-moon outing.

Stef had gushed about their coconut rice from the start, and it certainly didn't disappoint. Seriously, I would have been blissfully content to just sit there with nothing but a bucket o'rice.

(Okay, that and the banana-chocolate-ice cream-crepe dessert in which I also over-indulged. Ahem.)

Is it wrong that I could go for more coconut rice today??

No comments:

Post a Comment