Thursday, January 14, 2010

Meet Defiant

After much anticipation, I finally had a thorough abdominal ultrasound done today.

The last few months have been stressful, simply because I'm convinced that I'm already the worst mother ever and that I'm doing everything wrong during this pregnancy. ("What do you mean I'm not supposed to be eating bacon??")

I'm sure I drove the ultrasound tech crazy; right off the bat she told me she was just taking pictures and couldn't comment on anything, so if I have concerns I'll have to wait to talk to the doctor after the results are in.

Right. Like I have the patience to wait four days before asking any questions, haha.

So during the procedure I was just laying there, trying to read her face for some sort of reaction toward what she saw.... but she was expressionless.

So of course I started asking some stuff, you know, all casual and whatever..... and she wouldn't budge. She was so sweet and so patient with me, and all she would say was, "That's a really good question..... for your doctor."

I thought I could break her, but it just didn't work.

I admit I was also disappointed today because we weren't able to determine the gender. It appears that I'm carrying a very uncooperative child who was barely moving at all during the scan -- and although that was good for taking pictures/measurements of it's organs, it didn't allow us any view to indicate whether it's a boy or girl. (But I'm convinced it's a boy..... just a hunch I have.)

But for now I'm calling it Defiant, which is a nice gender-neutral name.

(Seriously, doesn't this kid realize who it's mother is?? I don't think I can go on referring to it as an "it" until June.....)


No comments:

Post a Comment