Monday, January 25, 2010

Feel-good posting

Depending on what article you read, many in the media will have you believe that, statistically speaking, today is the most depressing day of the year.

Someone actually did the research, taking into account that there's little to look forward to right now, what with Christmas and New Year's already nearly a month past and having left us with nothing but the credit card bills.

And while it seems like I always have something to complain about, I'm instead going to turn today around and dedicate this post to things that make me happy...


Happy Post #1 - SmallMouth04 doing a cover of Eric Church's Carolina



While I've already expressed my love for Jamey Johnson, Eric Chruch is another of my favourites who just doesn't get the recognition or radio-play he deserves. But it is reassuring to know that there are others who appreciate his music like I do. (So much so, that they're more than happy to post videos of themselves performing Eric Church's music......)


Happy Post #2 - Real Housewives of Orange County


I know I've mentioned it before, but it's worth repeating: this show actually makes me feel better about myself. Sort of.

There are times when the behaviour of these women and the people around them just infuriates me...... but, overall, I walk away from this show with an overwhelming urge to improve myself.

(I know I'll never look like any of them, and I'll never have the financial freedom that they enjoy, but at least they give me something to aim for!)


Happy Post #3 - Zac Brown Band



Their current release is Highway 20 Ride, which is a beautifully touching song and video, but their video for Toes will always crack me up. I love that these guys don't always take themselves too seriously.


Happy Post #4 - Russell Hantz from Survivor

I know. I know!

This man comes across as a total jerk with an overflowing barrel of arrogance to boot, and yet I find him so highly entertaining.


It's a bizarre phenomenom, really. In real life, I would hate this guy. But on Survivor? I was rooting for him to win it all, and I'm thrilled to know that he'll be back in a few weeks for the next Survivor installment.

*Sigh* It must be the southern accent that makes his jack ass-tendencies seem charming.


Happy Post #4 - Laughing babies



I DARE YOU to not laugh while watching this video!


Happy Post #5 - Winter is almost over

It's TRUE! With January winding down, that means we only have two months left of bitter snow and cold to endure before we can once again go outdoors without bundling up.

Now THAT is something we can all look forward to.

4 comments:

  1. Jo..How did I miss this post!! It is fantastic and instant made me happy. At first the reason I thought you put the first video up was because the guy was hot, possibly mid western or southern, and possibly a military cowboy. And you know how I rank military cowboys in the natural world order (not quite god but better than a human).

    And you totally know that I am in MAD LOVE with the Zac Brown Band. I even bought their CD which I will burn for you. LOL.

    I will steal this post idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dani - you should burn a copy of the Zac Brown Band CD for me too !!

    And I love those laughing babies. Yep, I was laughing, it was just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sigh* Zac Brown Band

    I actually took the CD out of the library last year and burned it so that it's now on my MP3 player, hehehe.

    Yep, he's a good'un!

    ReplyDelete