Monday, December 21, 2009

My Christmas carol beef

For the month of December, or at least until noon on December 26th, EZ Rock 104.9 is playing Christmas carols non-stop. As in, 24/7, nothing but Christmas-themed music.

And, yes, I'm lovin' it. To the chagrin of some of my coworkers, I've tuned in to this station online while at work so that I can listen to the peaceful sounds of Christmas ALL DAY.

It helps calm me, yo. (And, for that, everyone around me should be thankful.)

But I do have one beef. That teeny-bopper-like song titled "Last Christmas".

Seriously, what is that?? It has nothing to do with Christmas or winter or snow..... or anything remotely related to the holiday season. It's merely a song about getting your heart broken, and it just happened to occur last Christmas. Bleh.

To make matters worse, there are THREE different versions being played on the radio these days, so I can't go more than an hour or so without hearing it.

I blame you for this, Wham.

1 comment:

  1. You have unleashed the rage in me. In fact, I kvetched about this to Steve on Grievences day. Did he tell you about it? We created a new holiday, every December 23rd, where we air our grievences. Very liberating.

    Anyways, we both kvetched about the song as we heard it on the radio again. It makes me furious to hear it over..and over...and over again. The fact that the GLEE show did it means we were bound to hear it 1000 times. But I HATE IT. HATE HATE HATE IT.

    I mean give me a break WHAM. That is not a Christmas song. It has nothing to do with anything. In fact, the only reason why it's a christmas song is because it says "last christmas". But that's it...I could put in "last hannakkah" or "last ramadan" or "last kwanzaa" or "last birthday" or "last saturday" and it would fit.

    Songs like that make me so mad. >:(

    ReplyDelete