Friday, July 10, 2009

Exploring America's hidden gems

Even though I’ve only been to 23 of the 50 US states, I like to think I’ve seen and done a lot during my travels south of the 49th.

Parasailing in the Florida Keys? Check.

Flew in a helicopter over the Grand Canyon? Check.

Ridden in a horse-drawn carriage through the streets of Savannah? Check.

Observed an alligator in its natural habitat in the Everglades? Check.


But according to Time.com, I’m just another ordinary fanny-pack-wearing traveler.

So as an alternate to many of the touristy sites we often gravitate towards, Reed Tucker offers some lesser-known and off-the-beaten-path excursions in 50 Authentic American Experiences.

That’s right, peeps. There’s one suggestion for each of the 50 states, so start checkin’ them off as you go. Just think of it as the Great American Road Trip, minus all the quirky challenges and the already-paid-for RV.

No comments:

Post a Comment