Saturday, June 20, 2009

Salute your troops

I admit I have a little bit of a girl-crush on Robin Meade, the anchor from CNN's Morning Express.


All right, so it's not so much a crush, really. Truth be known, I just want to look like her, but I digress.
My husband and I have gotten into the habit of tuning in to Morning Express each day over breakfast and the daily paper, and one of my favourite features is Salute to Troops.
The stories are all fairly standard: wife / kids / husband / parents miss their soldier / marine / airman / sailor while he / she is deployed, and a myriad of photos or video footage flashes across the screen during their brief tribute.
Very cool.

My childhood friend Juliana is married to a U.S. Marine and currently lives in North Carolina, but she manages to come home a couple times a year. With her husband currently on a year-long deployment and not scheduled to return until January, she's been juggling a business and two kids on her own -- until now, that is.

Juliana was back in town this week to drop off her kids for a two-month stay with their grandparents until she returns in late August. Which means she'll now have all the time in the world to submit her own Salute to Troops tribute, right??
Heh, I'm trying to convince her to do it, but we'll see what happens.
At the very least, I think it'd be really cool to have Robin Meade say their names.

No comments:

Post a Comment