Friday, June 19, 2009

Old too soon, smart too late

The above title is a play on Dr. Gordon Livingston's acclaimed self-help book, Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart: Thirty True Things You Need to Know Now.

Although I haven't yet read this piece in its entirety, it strikes me as offering several common sense pieces of advice that are so simple and yet seem to evade so many of us.

I know that we all have regrets and wish that we could turn back time for a do-over of certain events, but of course that just isn't possible.

Naturally, this saddens me. I do believe that life is a test in which we're forced to continually learn new things thoughout the journey, but it just doesn't seem fair sometimes.

If only we could have been born knowing some of the lessons we do know now.... because sometimes, for some people, now is just too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment