Monday, June 8, 2009

"Free at last, free at last. Good God, almighty, he's free at last..."

Conversation overheard between my husband and I while he was playing Madden football on his Playstation:

Me:     "Aww, how sweet. You're player #29... which is the age you were on the happiest day of your life: our wedding day!"

Him:   [insert awkward silence]    "Uhhhhh, I wasn't 29 when we got married.... was I?"

Me:     [insert audible gasp]    "Are you kidding me?!?"

Him:   "Ummm, I picked 29 because that's the age I was when I first started playing this Madden game."

Me:     [shaking my head and giving him the stink-eye]

Him:  [deep gulp] "Ummm..... but I still love you!"

Me:    "Jack ass."


My husband.............




Getting his geek on and reliving the happiest day of his life.




Occasionally stealing sharing the gifts The Wise Men intended for Jesus.




Tolerating it when I force him to pose with various Americana artifacts.




Retaliating by forcing me to pose while strategically taking a photo of the guy behind me, AKA: the supposed-twin of Don Rickles.




Grinning ' n ' bearing it while I force him to pose for self portrait #702.



Humouring my wildlife obsession and occasionally pretending to emerge from sea turtle shells.




And today, taking a bite out of his degree and graduating from University.

No comments:

Post a Comment