Sunday, May 31, 2009

Starting over, again

"I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."
- Benjamin Button, in a letter to his daughter


Like it or not, I'm no stranger to starting over.

From leaving my friends behind and attending a different high school ...to transferring programs while in university ...to then (repeatedly) switching professions here in the real world.... I've realized that life is too short to continue on a path that makes you unhappy.

So earlier this year when I finally got off my butt and joined the Running Room in my quest for a healthier, happier me, life was good. 

And then I injured myself and was set back in my running regime by about four months. Not cool.

Now here I am -- starting over yet again -- with the next Running Room session set to begin next week. It's odd that I'm doing this, given that a year ago today I ran a 10km race, but that's what it means to start over with a clean slate, right?

And because I feel the overwhelming need to share my misery passion for life with others, I've blackmailed threatened coerced encouraged  (AKA Divulge with Dani) to join in the fun. 
 
 

 
Because sharing is caring, right??

Here's hoping we all make it through this session injury-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment