Saturday, January 31, 2009

VacationsToGo.com -- Why book with anyone else?


When I booked our last Caribbean cruise vacation via the VacationsToGo.com website, we were laughing.

The Canadian dollar was actually worth more than the US dollar, and we just couldn't believe how lucky we were to head into paradise for such an amazingly low price. It practically felt like we were stealing, that's how good the deal was.

But this year, not so much.

I waited and waited, obsessively searching various websites multiple times each day, hoping for even the smallest drop in rates for either the cruise or the many flights we're taking while visiting family in New York and Michigan before the ship sets sail. And then, finally, I pounced and booked everything at what I thought would be the best rate we'd see, given our floundering Canadian currency.

But I was wrong.

I still periodically check the VacationsToGo.com website, and -- naturally -- the military rate for our cruise was recently reduced. While I just accepted this and told myself that everything happens for a reason and that it was meant to be that I booked when I did, my husband instead suggested I e-mail our travel advisor and ask if we could pay this new rate instead.

And guess what? She e-mailed me back this morning and told me our rate was adjusted, and I will soon be seeing the difference refunded onto my MasterCard. Just like that!

VacationsToGo.com really does offer the best rates for cruise ship vacations -- believe me, I've searched EVERYWHERE -- and now they've proven that they're also outstanding in terms of customer service.

No hassle. No questions asked. Just, "Sure, here's your refund." I freakin' love it.

Given the state of today's economy, it's refreshing to know that companies like this -- whose bottom line seems just to please their customers -- still really do exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment