Sunday, May 25, 2008

In need of that runner's high

Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
-- Joshua J. Marine


Have you ever had one of those days when you were just so overwhelmed with a feeling of overall contentment? When the sun was shining brightly in the clear blue sky and you felt as if you could take on the world and achieve all the things you've ever wanted to do?

Well, today wasn't one of those days for me.

We returned from our Caribbean paradise almost three weeks ago, and since then I haven't quite been able to get back into my running groove. Before our trip, I had been filled with such hope. The sun was emerging earlier each morning, and I was rising with it, running nearly everyday before work, steadily improving both my time and my stamina.

But this morning I felt as though all that hard work had been undone during the interruption that was our trip. Kind of a one-step-forward, nine-steps-back sort of thing. 

Maybe it was the gloomy sky this morning or the fact that I haven't gotten enough sleep the last few nights, but regardless, it sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment