Thursday, March 6, 2008

You are what you eat

So today I attended an all-day orientation for work in which we were served a continental breakfast and then a super-fabulous buffet lunch -- and for probably the first time ever, I did not have one single dessert-type food at either sitting.

How could I, when one single breakfast muffin contained (on average) 610 calories??

Using a Calorie Calculator, I figure that I should be consuming no more than 1500 calories per day, so why would I waste more than a third of them on one measly muffin? 

The sad thing was that one of the other women seated at our table had not one but two of those muffins before 10 a.m. ...and she was just a tiny little thing! No, life isn't fair, but this is the reality of my existance.

*sigh*

Maybe in my next life I, too, will be blessed with that freakishly high metabolism.

No comments:

Post a Comment